Iceland is one of the world's most beautiful and unique destinations, and a trip there is an experience you won't soon forget. However, with its unique culture and geography, there are a few things you should know before you visit. To help you make the most of your journey, here are 10 essential tips for your trip to Iceland.
- Language: The official language of Iceland is Icelandic, but nearly everyone speaks English fluently.
- Currency: Iceland has its own currency, the Íslenska Krónan (ISK). Familiarize yourself with the current exchange rate before you go.
- Cash: Icelanders rarely carry cash, and most transactions are done with cards or mobile payments. Amex is not widely accepted due to high transaction fees.
- Tipping: Tipping is not expected in Iceland, but you can add a tip if you're happy with the service.
- Water: The tap water in Iceland is fresh and filtered from glaciers, and locals drink it with no issue.
- Weather: The weather in Iceland can be unpredictable, so check the forecast regularly at www.vedur.is .
- Clothes: Pack appropriate clothing for the weather and your activities. Proper planning is crucial.
- Electricity: The electricity in Iceland is 220 volts, so bring an adapter if you're coming from a country with a different voltage.
- Wifi: Iceland has excellent 5G coverage in Reykjavik and South Iceland. You can purchase a prepaid data Sim card or a wifi hotspot from your campervan or rental company.
- Enjoy: With its stunning landscapes, unique culture, and friendly people, Iceland is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Use these tips to help plan your trip and make the most of your journey to Iceland. Happy travels!